Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gillette sensor excel and thanksgiving '07

Remind me why I'd stopped using this: for one, it sucks, big time. Really, it doesn't shave well, you always have to shave a second time (who's got time to shave a second time in the morning, your time is better spent watching VH1 Jumpstart or something), it's probably lasted two or three shaves for me at most and it burns like hell. So why was I using this abomination when you have razors with 5 or 6 blades now (what is it, the fusion)? The thanksgiving weekend saw me at a friend's place and I had forgotten my razor (I use a trusty disposable BIC now). So I borrowed his (with a new cartridge of course), which turned out to be a sensor excel. I was reintroduced to shaving hell.
Well about the trip, that's another story. White knuckle driving, 700 miles in freezing rain and snow, reached my friends place at 2 AM on thanksgiving day. Driving on the highway, in the night with snow and freezing rain is so surreal and eerie, almost like a video game, a lone spacecraft swishing through the milky way. Saw a lot of cars that had slid off the highway. I don't know why people drive like idiots in inclement weather. The drive back was not that bad, since most of it was done in the day and there was no snow. So 1400 miles back and forth, not bad, but my back hurt like hell. I don't know if it is the seating in the PT Cruiser that was uncomfortable or if it was me. Anyhow, I don't think I will be renting a PT Cruiser again.

No comments: