Friday, April 11, 2008

Ijazzat - movie

It's been raining and snowing (if you can call that snow, in April) all day yesterday and today. The roads are wet, slushy and icy for the most part. Most people did not show up at work today, the wusses. I guess it's the kind of day you want to cuddle up at home.
So tonight I bought a couple of beers, some greasy Chinese food and and I am watching Ijazzat. It's the 1987 movie with Naseeruddin Shah, Rekha and Anuradha Patel. It's about a divorced couple that meet after a couple of years on a rainy night in a railway waiting room. I guess the weather in the movie was just like it is today, so I felt like watching it. The whole movie sort of flashes between the present (in the waiting room) and the past. The director is Gulzar, so naturally the dialogues and all the songs are great. I particularly like Mera Kuch Saman (current mood notwithstanding). Katra Katra and the title song Choti Si Kahani se are good too.
Just wondering, what would happen D, if we were to meet by chance after a couple of years. Not sure how we would react, considering we did not quite part on civil terms. It's times like this, when I am thinking of you, I wonder, are you also thinking of me. Are we on such days, so many miles apart, bound by such thoughts. I only wish these shared thoughts were like shared variables, that when someone accesses them the other person you shared the moment with, would know too. But I guess they were not meant to be that way. Otherwise wouldn't we have been together.

No comments: